- Butter 40g
- Flour 40g
- Milk 500g
- Place the butter in sauce pan and let it melt.
- Remove from heat and add the sifted flour with a strainer or sifter.
- Let it absorb completely then turn back on the heat and, stirring constantly, let it sauté gently for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat again and add the boiling milk, whisking it.
- As soon as the mixture is blended, turn on flame and keep stirring while you bring it to boil.
- If the sauce is destined to be cooked in the oven, it’s enough to let it boil only 2-3 minutes.
- If instead, it will be used straight off the stovetop, let it boil at least 8-10 minutes.
- If not, you will still have a starchy taste from the flour, and you’ll find the sauce too sticky.
If not boiled long enough, béchamel will stick to the palate!
Jordan - Amman , Daba'a AreaP.O Box 69 Amman- Jeezah 16010 Amman, Jordan